The Modern Foreign Languages department supports pupils studying French, Spanish, German and Russian through a variety of courses from Year 3 all the way through to the Upper Sixth.
Most pupils study French all the way through the prep school with our very own Madame Vallée facilitating lessons from year 3 upwards. French teaching is consolidated in Year 7 prior to the introduction of Spanish in Year 8. In year 9 pupils can choose one language to study at GCSE level.
In the Sixth Form, pupils can opt to continue their linguistic studies as part of the A2 French course.
We have strong links with a variety of schools and universities in Europe which enables us to host exchanges, trips and employ Language Assistants of the highest calibre to contribute to the innovative teaching techniques and excellent online resources we use to make our lessons as engaging as possible.
Why study MFL?
- • To enable you to develop and build practical language skills
- • To enhance your employment prospects
- • To facilitate foreign travel
- • To provide an insight into another culture and society
- • To provide you with a sound basis for further study
- • GCSE French or Spanish from Year 9 (German available in Year 10 and beyond, September 2018)
- • A Level French