A structured day with fun activities
Rydal Penrhos Nursery welcomes children aged from two and a half years. We are here from 8am until 6pm. Our Nursery day starts at 8.30am until 1pm for a morning session or 8.30am until 3.30pm for a full day. Included in our fees is our wrap around care which provides childcare between 8am until 8.30 and 3.30pm until 6pm.
We follow the national Foundation Phase of learning, and provide a healthy lunch. Children are introduced to gym, ballet, Forest School and music from an early stage and are welcomed into a larger, caring school community from the outset. By being part of a school, children can enjoy taking part in an even wider range of fun, social activities.
Set on a hillside overlooking the sea, the school enjoys a superb setting for the development and growth of its pupils.
Specific learning areas and continuous provision
The Nursery department is made up of eight different areas of learning consisting of a circle-time room and music area, construction, reading, discovery and outside areas, a creative room, a numeracy and literacy room and, finally, a role-play area. The idea behind this continuous provision is that children initiated learning is valued and supported.
Starting at Rydal Penrhos' Nursery department
You can help prepare your child for school by:
- ensuring they are fully toilet trained before their start date
- encouraging your child to mix with other children
- providing your child with toys which stimulate the imagination and develop manual dexterity e.g. bricks, construction sets, dolls with removable clothes
- encouraging your child to tidy away toys
- singing rhymes with your child
- setting aside a special time daily for sharing a story with your child
- joining the local library and borrowing books for your child
- encouraging your child to use pencils and crayons
- encouraging your child to sit at the table for meals and helping them to use a knife and fork
- encouraging your child to get dressed by themselves and to learn to put on their coat.
Seeing our Nursery in action
If you would like to visit our wonderul department please contact Mrs Susan Williams on 01492 530381 or email@example.com, she will be delighted to assist you in taking this first step in your child’s education. You can order a prospectus to get a flavour for the school, but we fully recommend a visit to help you make an informed choice.
During your visit, you will be able to tour the department and its learning and play areas, meet our friendly experienced staff, and witness a happy school day for yourself. If you would like to take the process further, a taster session is a popular option. Your child will be invited into our Early Years department for their taster session, which will run from 9.15am – 11.15am.