Boarding allows pupils to take full advantage of the wide range of activities that extend beyond the 9 to 5 school day at Rydal Penrhos, but just as importantly it gives structured homework time for all boarders in the evening.
Full boarding may seem iniitally daunting to some, so the opportunity and ease of occasional flexi-boarding offers an ideal introduction. Flexi-boarding is invaluable for those staying on for a drama rehearsal, music concert or expected late back from an away fixture; if parents are working late or going away for a few days, or simply to reduce the hours every week spent travelling to and from school.
a great way to balance home and school life: Monday to Thursday boarding with the flexibility to add extra nights. Without the daily commute, boarders can get more done - their days are longer and their experiences broader.
- Monday to Thursday boarding with the flexibility to add extra nights (subject to availability)
- Fully inclusive fee – no hidden extras for meals, laundry or evening activities
- Boarding houses for boys and girls
- Access to academic tutors every evening in the boarding houses
- Less time travelling; more time spent with friends building confidence and social maturity
- The option to take advantage of evening sports sessions including sailing, swimming and sessions in the performance centre
- Access to some academic departments in the evening
In addition, for Years 12 and 13 pupils:
- Weekly boarding is a great ‘stepping stone’ between home and university
- There are many opportunities for academic enrichment after school – sixth-form lectures, academic societies, Business Club meetings
For more information please contact Head of Boarding, Mr Tim Cashell, TCashell@rydalpenrhos.com